7.28.2011

My Life: The Sitcom

Beginning September 1 of this year, my life is officially becoming a sitcom. 

Justin and I made the absolutely-freaking-out-of-our-minds, no wait, financially responsible and super awesome(?) decision to move in with our friend Pat. Even if you don't know Pat, you must see the episode possibilities blossoming. If you do know Pat, I'll be expecting cards of condolences this week. 

Let me explain how I dug myself this hole.


I met Pat in 2005, at Aldersgate Camp and Retreat Center. We were both SIT/CITs [staff- or counselor-in-training]. We really bonded over a rack in the dish room. You see, while we were washing dishes, Pat made a completely politically incorrect statement, I hit him, we laughed and there began the vicious circle friendship.
Pat, thinking that he's real funny.
He's not.

The following summer, Justin joined the A-Gate staff. That year we all kept in touch and returned the next summer. When we finally went off to school, Pat, Justin and I all landed in Rochester. Our first couple years in the area, we didn't spend too much time together. However, by the time junior year ended, we were seeing Pat on at least a weekly basis. Somewhere along the line, someone said "we should all just live together."

It stuck.

We're getting a nice apartment. In a good location. We're going to find a church. We're going to have friends over and have a couch. We're going to watch tv, play games, argue, eat meals together.

We're going to be a family.




So, I now invite you to stay tuned. Next month's premiere is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
My blog is now a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment