7.13.2011

I Wish it Would Rain

I love Motown music. It speaks to me in ways that most doesn't. Motown artists pour their love, happiness, hurt, soul into their art. There's this one song, it goes like this:


i search the skies, well desperately for rain
cause rain drops will hide my tear drops and no one ever will know
that i'm crying when i go outside
to the world outside my tears i refuse to explain
i wish it would rain

When I hear this song, I always feel that if it would just rain, that the sadness would be washed away. It's like the grass, completly dry and straw-like. It has nothing left to give, but rain would renew it. Make it right again.

When I feel like the grass, it's hard to blog:

.When life is frustrating.
.When I can't sleep.
.When thinking about tomorrow makes my stomach churn.

I am a positive person. I love my life. I never want to take it for granted. I struggle to put out words that aren't negative while my thoughts are.  I think of ideas and moments that I want to share with you, that I want to look back on in 20 years. Then I think of right now and am unable to bring the words out of me. But, things will get better. And when they do, I have a list of things I'm going to tell you about (friends, apartments, Harry Potter, cleaning, travel, 5 years, love, Kingdom Bound). 
Humans should be more like sunflowers. Every day, they turn their face up to the sun and accept the Lord's blessings without questioning the right or wrong of it.
-Carolyn Haines

No comments:

Post a Comment